As we’ve mentioned before, these times are strange, unreal and hard on all of us. We’re totally out of our normal routine and working habits. On top of that sneaking up to that snacking cupboard is way too easy when you work from home. However there are a few things that really help us to keep a steady routine even when our whole life is based at home. And we wouldn’t be your Vélofam if we didn’t share our tips with you, so here we go:
1. Stick to your wake-up time. It is tempting to stay in bed for much longer than you’re used to. Because first of all you don’t have to travel to the office and second no one will notice if you stay in bed for longer… But we assure you, staying in your regular wake-up and sleeping routine really helps to keep you productive and focussed throughout the day. So set your alarm and get out of bed, also don’t go to bed a lot later than you normally do.
2. Get out of your pyjamas, take care of yourself and dress in ‘normal’ clothes. If you do most things just like you would do when you’re not in quarantine it is so much easier to stay motivated. Sure on Sunday you can stay in bed all day if you want, but on Monday make sure to pick up your normal life just like you’re used to, only without going to the office.
3. Make sure to move your body. Do not let your healthy and active lifestyle slip only because you can’t go to the gym. There is so much you can do from home! Follow our insta <a href="https://www.instagram.com/wearevelo" target="_blank">@wearevelo</a> for daily workouts you can do whenever you want. Choose your perfect timing, wether it’s straight after a day of working or immediately when you come out of bed. Schedule the days and time you want to workout, get in your gym gear and just do it!
4. Stick to 3 main meals a day, meaning breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sure we eat healthy snacks too, we wouldn’t be alive without our snacks. But make sure to always first eat your main meal and only snack when you’re really hungry or craving something. When you’re at home and sit at the same spot all day it’s so easy to get tempted into just snacking all day. But sticking to 3 main meals a day will at least help you to separate hunger from being bored.
5. Our final tip to stay productive is to create a dedicated work spot. Mainly, DO NOT STAY IN BED. Working from your bed will only make you sleepy not productive, it is a bad position for your back and when you go to bed at night you will automatically start thinking about work again. Try to create a good spot at your dining table or even on your couch if you don’t have a dining table. But set up a nice productive spot that gets you motivated and productive. We like to grab a notebook and a pen, a big glass of water (stay hydrated!), a cup of coffee and our laptop and we just get to it!
We hope our routine tips can help you during quarantine times. If you have any tips for us, please reach out to us by DM on insta!