Since you are a rider at Vélo we can assume you like to take very good care of your body, good job! Your pretty face is of course part of that body as well. So here are a few steps to follow before and after your Vélo ride to make sure your face glows and looks its best:
1. This is essential: Remove your make up every time before you click into the bike. That’s because when you sweat, your pores will open up. Leaving your make up on will give your foundation the chance to clog up your pores. This can cause pimples and other not so nice impurities. So let your face breathe and just leave the make up behind, you are even more beautiful without.
2. Even though we ride in a dark room and it may be cloudy outside, always (!) put on sunscreen when you leave the house. Anytime there is visible light (also through windows), you are exposed to an electromagnetic spectrum. This sounds complicated, but it is actually the cause of skin damage and ageing. Thank us for this in 20 years!
3. An important part that a lot of people forget is to clean your face after your ride. It will remove bacteria and sweat. A quick splash of water is a good start. Try a cleanser, toner or facial spray for an extra good way to remove all that dirt from your skin.
4. If you had a good and sweaty ride it means you’ve lost a lot of water. Your skin is dehydrated as well. A dehydrated skin increases surface lines as well as dead skin cells. So, make sure you drink enough water and moisturise your face after you cleansed it. And again, apply your sunscreen. Use a moisturiser with SPF or a tinted sunscreen.
5. Remember that a healthy skin doesn’t only come from the outside. A healthy gut is actually the most important part. Eat enough healthy foods, especially berries, whole grains, avocado’s and kiwi’s are proven to improve your skin condition! Eat your way to a fabulous skin.