It can be quite overwhelming being in the same space almost 24/7. Especially if that space is very small and you need to share it with a roommate, your family or your significant other. Add to that the fact that you can not do the things that usually calmed you down, like going to the gym, hanging out with friends, getting your nails done or going to a hairdresser. That’s why we came up with 5 steps to have a calming and relaxing spa day at home!
First of all before we start, you won't need to buy anything for this. Just be creative and enjoy it! Than second, try to find a space in your home where you can relax. For most of it, the bathroom would be the easiest place to do your spa routine. But if that's occupied sometimes, find another calm place like your bedroom. Third collect all your favourite beauty stuff, like scrubs, serums, moisturizers, oils, creams, rollers you name it, as long as you enjoy using them!
Now let's start & enjoy:
1. We like to start with our body before we move on to our face. Make sure this part really calms you down and relaxes you. For instance light a scented candle in your bathroom or put on some music you enjoy. Than hop into the shower and rinse everything of, scrub your body completely with your favourite scrub or use <a href="https://wearevelo.com/post/diy-silky-smooth-scrub" target="_blank">this</a> recipe for our home made scrub. Then when you get out of the shower, lather yoursel up in body lotion, body butter or body oils anything you have on hand.
2. Steam your face to open up your pores. Boil some water and poor it into a big bowl or pan. You could do this with just hot water, or spice it up with essential oils or herbal teas to fragrance the water. For extra calming effects use some lavender essential oil. Then carefully hang your head over the hot water and put a towel over your head to trap the steam inside. Be careful, we don't want you to burn your face, so make sure to keep enough distance from the water.
3. Use your favourite skincare products. The correct order of using skincare prouducts is from the smallest molecules to the biggest. That's why you should start with a toner, next your favourite serums, then a moisturizer and lastly facial oils. Of course, just use the products you have on hand. This is also the time to get your face rollers out if you have one.
4. When we are really feeling it, this is our time to polish our nails from both our feet and hands. You could easily skip this step if you don't like to do this or if your nails are still on fleek! Also don't forget to use a nice hand cream afterwards if you do polish your nails.
5. Finally it's time to fully relax, again ligth candles if you like and put on some relaxing music. Then make yourself a cup of herbal tea or green tea. (preferably without caffeine or theine). Then grab a book or magazine, turn on your favourite podcast or make a puzzle. Just do anything you like to do to kill some time and try to fully enjoy it without toutching your phone, tablet or laptop!
We hope you are now fully relaxed!