What more could you wish for than someone telling you sleeping all day, every day is actually very important? Well there is a little nuance to it of course, but indeed sleeping is very important for your body and not just because it’s physically needed!
That’s why we’ve got 5 reasons for you to take your sleep cycle serious and make sure to get in around 8 hours every night.
1. Your body needs it to recover, especially if you workout a lot or jump on that Vélo bike often. Sleeping is just as important for a healthy body as working out and eating good foods. We put a lot of physical stress on our bodies during a workout and you need your time to recover from that. Beside that, a good night sleep will also help you perform better in your workouts.
2. It helps to calm down your skin. When you get in the right amount of sleep it will help to not have a puffy face and it will help to keep your breakouts to a minimum. This is because poor sleep causes inflammation in the body. So get in that beauty sleep!
3. It boosts concentration and productivity which are of utmost importance for work and school life.
4. Sleep helps to improve your immune system. That means less colds, less time spent in bed trying to recover and less time missing out on the fun things in life.
5. A lack of sleep is also linked to depression and other mental health issues. Of course getting in enough sleep is not the only way to handle mental breakdowns. Read our blog about <a href="https://wearevelo.com/post/mental-health-burnouts-and-velo" target="_blank">mental health & burnouts</a> to see what we do to help our mental health.